Tiger Academy is a Title I Elementary School. Title I Schools in Duval County implement school-wide programs. School-wide programs have flexibility in using their Title I funds, in conjunction with other funds in the school, to upgrade the operation of the entire school. School-wide programs must conduct a comprehensive needs assessment, identify and commit to specific goals and strategies that address those needs, create a comprehensive plan, and conduct an annual review of the effectiveness of the school-wide program that is revised as needed.
The Components of a Title I School
- All Title I schools must complete a comprehensive needs assessment that drives all aspects of school operations.
- School reform strategies must be implemented to address the identified needs.
- All instructional staff, including paraprofessionals must be highly qualified according to the criteria set by NCLB.
- There must be high-quality and ongoing professional development for staff to address the needs of the school.
- There must be strategies in place to recruit highly qualified teachers and place them in areas of greatest need.
- Parent involvement is a critical and integral part of day-to-day operations in a Title I school.
- Strategies are in place to aid in the transitions between academic grade levels, as well as school levels, i.e., pre-school to kindergarten, elementary to middle school, and middle school to high school.
- Teachers are actively involved in the use of assessments and instructional decisions are driven by data analysis.
- Title I schools develop specific instructional activities for students identified with the greatest needs.
- Title I schools coordinate and integrate resources and services from federal, state, and local sources.
The Resources of a Title I School
- DCPS Title I Parent Involvement
- DCPS Title I
- Florida Title I
- School Public Accountability Report (SPAR)
- 2016 FSA Results
- 2016 School Grades
- Title I Handbook
- FSA Letter to Parents April 2016
- Right to Know 2016-2017
- Parent Compact
- Parent Involvement Plan
- Parent Involvement Budget 2016-2017
- Parent Involvement Electronic Inventory