Tigers Today, Leaders Tomorrow
At YMCA Tiger Academy, a free public school, we believe school should be more than a place to learn reading, writing and arithmetic. We approach the education of each child with a commitment to helping him or her grow in spirit, mind and body.
YMCA Tiger Academy focuses on rigorous academic standards, character development, personal and social responsibility and strong family involvement, while providing each child with a structured and nurturing learning environment. The learner-centered culture includes a 7 ½ hour school day (8:00 am – 3:30 pm) and a 195-day school year, with before and afterschool care available.
We opened our doors in 2009 and now serve Pre-K through 5th grade students. Through a unique partnership with the Johnson Family YMCA, our scholars enjoy enrichment opportunities and benefit from family support services.
The Tiger Difference
- Longer school day (8:00am – 3:30pm) and school year than traditional public schools
- Strong college focus from the first day students step into a classroom
- 1:1 student to technology device ratio
- Before and Afterschool care available
- Enrichment opportunities and family support services at the Y including a family membership for each student
- Learn more about charter schools from the charter school fact sheet.
Apply for the 2023-2024 School Year Today
National School Lunch Program
Principal Stephanie Jackson
6079 Bagley Road
Jacksonville, FL 32209
YMCA Tiger Academy Strategic Plan
The Tiger Academy Three Year Strategic Plan serves as a guide for our decision-making, providing the foundation for progress. The strategic goals, strategies, implementation steps and indicators of success reinforce our commitment to the school mission and vision.
YMCA Tiger Academy provides, not only a high-quality education for the children growing up in northwest Jacksonville, but the encouragement and support they need to succeed. For more information on Tiger Academy’s School Accountability Report, click here.